The Health… Jam!
Winter is the time that beekeepers use for resting, regrouping and plan making. Most of the work that is done this time of the year, is so that they have less to do during Spring and Summer. Along with our preparation in the warehouse and also with selling the products we made last season, we try to be creative in other things as well.
Typical is the example of our jam that is completely different from all other jams. The basic idea is very simple. We choose fruits or vegetables that are produced this time of the year and we amplified them with spices and ofcourse honey. The final result… Unique!
Here we present to you one of our many recipes.
Two health Tips before our recipes!
- Winter’s fruits and vegetables are the best for our body right now, exactly as mother nature planned it for us. For example almost every fruit is rich in vitamin C, that is so precious for our immune system’s strength.
- Sugar is human’s sweetest poison. That’s why it’s nessecary to remove it completely from our diet. In nowadays that 95% of premade food has a lot of sugar inside (even in bread sometimes) it’s impossible to live without it. At least we shouldn’t use it in our own cooking.
ORANGE – APPLE – CARROT JAM
- 3 kg of Oranges
- 1 kg of Apples
- ½ kg of karrots
- 1 lemon
- 1 kg of raw acacia honey
- 1 tablespoon of turmeric
- 1 teaspoon of Ceylon cinnamon
- We wash the oranges and with a peeler we cut the orange without taking the white part.
- We peel the apples and add them with the oranges in a multi-cutter.
- We cut the carrots and putt them with the fruits.
- We boil them along with the juice of the oranges and lemon slowly, until they get like cream.
- After almost thirty minutes, we add the turmeric, the cinnamon and honey and we keep boiling for ten more minutes with caughtion.
- We put it inside the jars, when it’s still hot and we turn them upside down until they get cold.